Thursday, December 9, 2010

Singing in the RAIN!

So if you live in Portland you would know how much it rained today. While most Oregonians dislike when it rains this much I must say it was refreshing. Why shower when it feels you got soaked while running? It was the kinda of day when you no longer know part of you became soaked with rain or sweat. This is the kind of rain the just makes the song "Singing in the Rain" by Gene Kelly rings through my head. It made me want to sing and dance. Well if you count running as dance, you could say I was dancing. I may not be the most graceful of running dancers but I am sure i enjoy it more than most.

I had a very tough work out I did 200's, 800's and of course my dynamic warm up. I never feel over-heated in this weather, that's for sure. During my 800's, I couldn't look out at the dark of the track because the rain was hitting me in the eyes. Sometimes I think of it as a challenge by the rain to see if it can get me to stop. This just makes me want to run faster and faster! I slowly was down to my shorts and my tee shirt I was pushing through the wall of rain. It would not be stopping this Portlander today.

No comments:

Post a Comment