Saturday, December 4, 2010

My coach.

I have noticed that I haven't talked about my awesome coach, Bob Williams.   When the summer started I went hunting for running groups but no body would let me join. There were various reasons, such as I was too young, I had never run a marathon before and so on and so forth. This was so infuriating! How was I supposed to have run a marathon and trained for one unless I had people to help me who knew how it was done? Finally a group told us of this coach, Bob Williams, who is an awesome coach. They told us that he was one of the best coaches for my age group in the nation. Bob Williams used to run with Bill Bowerman, one of the founders of Nike and a coach at U of O. After meeting with him, he got me on the path to long distance running. With him I learned it isn't always about the end result, but how you get there and what you learn along the way. There is the technical stuff, such as ways to stretch, how to hold your body, core strengthening and more. I have become a far better runner with Bob Williams by my side.  He has also introduced me to the spirituality of running.

1 comment:

  1. The dynamic stretches you taught me seem to make the difference between back pain after running or not. Thanks Bob and Robert!

    ReplyDelete