Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Pulling me out of my FUNK!

I am so invigorated, ecstatic, rejuvenated and more! Running in the cold is the opposite of what I thought would pull me out of the funk I have been in the last couple of weeks but it was the opposite! This wasn't a particularly hard run but the cold and the dark (sounds depressing) woke me up. I don't feel like I am in a funk anymore. I had to push my self through the stiff joints but once I got going it was like riding a bike you may get rusty but you don't forget how. My stride came back and I felt free. No more stress from work and school. No more thinking about family. Everything seemed to fall away except for what was around me. The most important thing my feet meeting the pavement. I have found the cure to senioritis... running.

I also stopped by the gym and did core strengthening! The pain just makes me just want to stop as I do one after the other after the other but just think what your getting from all this pain and sweat... sexy abs. haha but in all seriousness I felt even better running up my gosh darn tough hill in the wet and cold on the way home... I felt balanced and at ease.

2 comments:

  1. Balance is what it is all about....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how the mind clears during a healthy run...even in the wet and cold. We're glad to see you pushing through. Keep up the good work Bobby. Ryan and Paolo

    ReplyDelete